Wednesday 1 February 2012

Fur. Faux or Vintage?






Its been a little while since I blogged, so after a somewhat eventful start to January I'm back in full force. From sub-tropical December and January, we finally hit winter - even if it's a little later than expected.

As we know I am obsessed with rummaging through bric-a-brac and vintage shops, I love the clutter, the retro carpet, the 80's hanging beads covering every doorway, and the eccentric shopkeeper I find tucked away inside. One of my favorite little shops has a 79 yr old woman who never fails to amaze with her incredible 1940s inspired outfits - I will ensure my next visit will be camera in hand so you too can marvel at her.

So where was I, oh yes, Winter. So my trips to these aladdins caves, especially in Winter always leave me face to face with fur. Real fur. Often 40 year old fur. I am an animal lover, well to say lover probably doesn't elaborate to quite the extent of how much I adore all our furry friends. That said I find vintage fur, fascinatingly beautiful. 

Is it ethical to kill an animal to wear its fur when we have the option of faux.  It's a huge debate that nobody has the answer to, I'll leave it for you to decide.

For now, enjoy my collection of real and faux furs that have captivated our catwalks this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment