Thursday 3 November 2011

Oh hello new seller :: Naturally Heartfelt


Tell us about yourself?
Hello! I’m Stephanie and I live in Falmouth in beautiful South West Cornwall where there’s a lively interest in all things vintage. I love working with vintage and reclaimed materials because of the history and story within them. If I can bring an echo of that to the jewellery I make then I feel that I’m adding a little bit of heart and soul. Using text in my work adds another element with the sound energy of the words carrying meaning beyond the immediate word.



Your chosen picture inspires you, tell us why?
I have one of these hanging in my room so I can remind myself every day to keep on making and creating as that is my dream, even when life gets in the way and discouragement sets in. The Lotus is also called a 'mudflower'; with roots in the pond soil, yet the beautiful plant floats and blossoms on the surface. It’s great that something so lovely can come from mud, and this inspires me as well when it feels like I’m bogged down in the mire.




What possession do you most cherish?
I cherish my copy of The Secret Garden that I had when I was eight – I loved the story then and love it now. ‘Being alive is the Magic – being strong is the Magic. The Magic is in me …. It’s in every one of us.’ Like most of us, at different times in my life I've had to be strong and I go back to this book to boost my self-belief through the joy and excitement of the re- discovered garden.

Tell us about the product you've chosen in the photograph, why is it your absolute favourite?
This product has to be among my favourites as it was a special commission for my daughter and as well as beads made from poetry it has sea-glass and other timeworn treasures from the shore that she collected herself.  I love making a special piece of jewellery from things found or discovered.



What should we expect to see from you in the coming years?
I always seem to have more ideas than I have time to work on so I hope to keep on bringing out new products. I’m enjoying finding new sources of reclaimed or recycled paper for my new lanterns and want to experiment with different shapes and sizes. I also hope to create more bespoke pieces with special meaning.

Visit Stephanie's beautiful online shop:  http://www.naturallyheartfelt.co.uk/ for a taste of the other treasures that shes lovingly hand made.


No comments:

Post a Comment