Wednesday 9 November 2011

Support Britain's Independent Sellers


Well, the competition is well underway, and boy, is it hotting up...

The leader board is ever changing but we have some very close contenders. So, I thought I’d just recap on why we’ve launched Britains Best Luxury and Unique Seller 2011, and also on what you could win!



As you know, being who we are...Frooly, we love to champion independent sellers.

Why shop with a huge chain, put our towns out of pocket, wear the same as everyone else, and not bare our identity? First of all it’s really boring. I don’t want to look like everyone else, not because I don’t like them (because I do), but because wearing, eating, doing and going everywhere with everyone else, just isn’t fun. And nobody wants a life of no fun.

Now secondly, I may be out of turn here; I as much as any of us understand that sometimes, on those awkward Sundays when you’re running out of time and the in-laws are coming for lunch, that yes, ok, you have to pop to Tesco’s. I’m not adverse to this, I know it’s not always possible to buy / shop locally. But if we want keep choice, be individual and support our local economy, we really need to try.



An astounding 41% of Britain’s towns are now classed as ‘clone’,  identikit stores line our high streets throughout the country making individual towns indistinguishable. Another 23% are under threat of becoming ‘clone’- Britain's losing what makes it great, it's diverse communities and maybe even its very own identity?

Ok, so rant over. But please, as you fill up your stockings with presents this year, see if you can support a cool, independent seller. Or vote for your favourite and win £500 to spend!


No comments:

Post a Comment