Tuesday 5 July 2011

'Oh hello new seller'



Lisa Tilley from Uoldbag is this weeks Featured Seller:

1. So Lisa, tell us about yourself?

I am a bag designer but not the normal kind, one who creates unusual one off spectacular items of eccentricity and dream world like matter. Like me, my work is humorous, stylish, individual and from another world. I believe life should be fun, so why not fill it with things that inspire you to do so!





2.Your chosen picture inspires you, tell us why?

I am inspired by so much so this one was a hard one to choose. Some of the subjects I found myself between include Hussein Chalayan, Miro, my studio, Selvedge magazine, Travel and my Nana. I ended up deciding on a picture that I took at a flea market overseas where I go to buy most of my paper materials that I use in my work.

My work relies on old vintage materials, which I am inspired by the most and I spend quite a lot of time sourcing them both in the UK and abroad. As well as the materials themselves, I find the places I go to buy them inspiring with their old cluttered objects of craziness.

3.What possession do you most cherish?

Although I love things, material things are not the most important thing to me. Out of all the things I own materially, my products are important to me because they are so special and have so much of myself in them. Aside from these I’d have to say my studio and my bicycle that I go everywhere on but probably the most vital item I own is my laptop as I’d not be able to live without it.

4.Tell us about the product you’ve chosen, why is it your absolute favorite?

Well this was quite a hard decision as I love all my work and every piece is different and special in it’s own right. I was between the ‘headscarf woman vanity case’ that I chose and the ‘Aviary II’ suitcase. I love all the birds and complexity of the pattern in the Aviary II suitcase but there’s something about the Headscarf Woman vanity for me. Firstly I think it’s because I love the color red but I also love the quality of the old print of the woman and her stare. I love its boldness, simplicity and real era of style. The shape of the bag, the color and style of the woman all shouts old and stylish. Which sums up what uoldbag! Is all about.



5.What should we expect to see from you in the coming years?

The evolving of the brand and extension of my product range but my ultimate aim is to have a shop that will hopefully evolve into many uoldbag! Shops and eventually take over the world!



No comments:

Post a Comment