Tuesday 19 July 2011

'Oh hello new seller'

Katie Proctor from Katie and the Wolf


Tell us about yourself?

I am a designer/ maker creating original interior textiles & prints. Based on a forest and its inhabitants, my range of designs incorporates a variety of techniques, including screen printing, appliqué, digital printing and hand painting. I use top quality materials including silk and organic cotton, and dye many of the fabrics by hand to create a vibrant and unique palette.

A series of limited edition prints features quirky printed animals and trees.



Your chosen picture inspires you, tell us why?

The polar bear is a piece of embroidery by Karen Nicol. The fantastic combination of materials and techniques that

together make such a beautifully detailed piece are what makes it inspiring to me, alongside the subtle but striking colour combinations and visual textures. The unique interpretation of a familiar creature creates an endlessly fascinating image.
























What possessions do you most cherish?

My collection of vintage and handmade jewellery, which I have been adding to for a good few years. It takes pride of place displayed on a noticeboard in my bedroom, and never fails to make me smile when I see the bright colours, sparkly beads, subtle silver and chunky statement pieces all hung together.



Tell us about the product you’ve chosen in the photograph, why is it your absolute favourite?

This is one of my favourites because I think the subtle colour palette would work beautifully in such a wide range of interiors. The contrast between the simple composition and the complex line drawings of each bird make it a popular design with customers and designer alike!
























What should we expect to see from you in the coming years?

In the next few years my aim is simply to keep growing my business, expanding my range of stockists both on- and off-line, continue to develop new product ranges and to make things that people are excited to have in their homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment