Thursday 1 September 2011

...and welcome; Autumn

So, it’s been the coldest August we’ve had in a very long time. And no, it’s not just me moaning, it actually has – its especially bad for us Northerners, we’re not often blessed with glorious sunshine as it is, and I can safely say I can’t remember a time when August was cooler (as in cold, that is).

I would even bet that our summers seem to be starting earlier and finishing sooner, as April (I remember it well, it’s the month of my Birthday) seems less rainy and far warmer... but, I digress this blog post is supposed to be about getting a little giddy for Autumn...

Now, I do hate to talk about the fact that we are dangerously close to the beginning of autumn, but we are - and as sad as I am to see the back of our summer, I love to welcome the leafy, amber autumn to my door, year after year. There is something so reminiscent in the dark night’s drawing in; candle light, warm jumpers, hot chocolate, pie and mash and feeling so blessed to be sat in doors all cosy, as the wind howls past rattling at your door.

So my task to myself today was to find you some autumnal treats that will keep you and your pad cosy;





Set of 3 Cake Tins (for all those wintery treats) £17.50


No comments:

Post a Comment