Tuesday 20 September 2011

Welcome Emma - A new member of our Style Team!

So, we've been on the lookout for a couple of fabulous faces to join our team and contribute to our blog. I have to admit, it's not an easy task to find someone to fit quite a specific bill, but we've done it, we've found Emma.  So I will hand over now, to let her fill you in on her passions and prowess,  and a little of whats to come...



As I leave the chilly streets of Sheffield for the big smoke I'll be searching out the best little-known hideaways, treasure troves and events that the capital has to offer.

My obsessions with coffee (freshly ground only please), natural beauty products and all things French will be my main leads in the quest. I look for quirks, but quality; I'm not a Primark fan (although I do make an exception for kirby grips!) and would shop in Whistles, Zadig & Voltaire and Reiss forever if I could afford to.

I'm busy qualifying as a Beauty Therapist alongside my History of Art and French degree, which kicks off at the end of this month.



Favourite (Music) Artist: Ingrid Michaelson
Favourite City: a toss-up between Paris, NYC and London
Favourite Book: Fitzgerald's 'Great Gatsby' - Tragic, beautiful and utter fantasy, David Nicholls' 'One Day' - hilariously funny, weepingly sad and painfully truthful
Favourite Food: Greek Yoghurt - I'm obsessed! It's amazing for breakfast glazed with local honey. In winter I trade it for stodgy porridge; anything to get through the more depressing months!
Favourite Film: Amélie, with a secret love of The Devil Wears Prada to motivate me in my ultimate career quest.
My Read: Vanity Fair, Elle & The Sunday Times (Culture and Style are the highlights).
My Bag: LV Neverfull Medium - a devilish splurge from Saks 5th Avenue which I don't regret.
My Blog Inspiration: Power Duo Scott Schuman (The Sartorialist) and his illustrator girlfriend Garance Doré's eponymous blogs. The Cherry Blossom Girl is worth checking out, too.

So that's a little peek into the life of Emma.  She'll be blogging regularly for us, bringing unique finds and hideaways. A big welcome Emma, we can't wait to see what you've got in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment